Earlier this month I shared a post with 20 questions about mom that I asked Toby; it was really cute to see his answers. So, for Father’s Day, I thought we’d recreate the list of questions, but this time ask the questions about daddy!
1. What is something dad always says to you?
I love you.
2. What makes dad happy?
That I play with him.
3. What makes dad sad?
That I don’t listen.
4. How does your dad make you laugh?
He plays with me.
5. What was your dad like as a child?
When he was none, then he was one, two, three, four, five…
6. How old is your dad?
7. How tall is your dad?
8. What is his favorite thing to do?
I don’t remember, but I probably know. … play with me!
9. What does your dad do when you’re not around?
10. What is your dad really good at?
11. What is your daddy not very good at?
12. What does your dad do for a job?
I don’t know what he does. He sits down and works.
13.What is your dad’s favorite food?
14.What makes you proud of your dad?
When I work with him.
15. If your dad were a character, who would she be?
I don’t know. Maybe a fire engine!
16. What do you and your dad do together?
I sometimes go in the back with him, and I dig…
17. How do you know your dad loves you?
If Daddy builds a train track with me, that means he loves me.
18. What does your dad like most about your mom?
That she cooks dinner.
19. Where is your dad’s favorite place to go?
To up north.
20. How old was your dad when you were born?
21. If your dad becomes famous, what will it be for?
For playing with me.
22. How are you and your dad the same?
That I like to show daddy the bottom feeder. Daddy likes to build the playground with me. I like to build a snowman and throw snow at him.
23. How are you and your dad different?
I like to eat cereal and he doesn’t all the time.
Okay, so we did a little better with these questions a second time through, but I’ll admit he still didn’t want to focus on answering the questions. Other things called.
Happy Father’s Day
I thought it was fitting to share this on Father’s Day, in honor of my husband and dads everywhere. Thank you, sweetie, for all your hard work, for the times you make our boys smile and laugh, and the ways that you are a good role model for them. It is a blessing to have these boys, and a joy to be raising them with you. Here’s to many more years of parenting together!