First of all, I'm glad you stopped by! Choosing a photographer can be tricky... but, I'm glad you've decided to learn more and see if we're a good match for each other.
How am I different than other photographers you've been looking into?
I could list off some impressive degrees for you, to show you that I'm qualified. How about Master Photographer and Photographic Craftsman?
Maybe you want to know that I've been in the business for a while. Yep, 15+ years, with many happy clients (read their testimonials).
Or you want to make sure I'm creative and love what I do. Yes, and yes!
Then there's the whole budget thing -- can you afford me? Yes! You can't afford to not have heirloom quality photos. Your loved ones deserve it (investment info).
In the end, it really all boils down to one thing. Once you've checked the "must-haves" off your list, you really just need a photographer who understands you. Can we relate? Can we vibe? (that sounds a little teen angsty, I apologize). Having good rapport is crucial to getting good results. If you don't feel comfortable with your photographer, how will you be relaxed in front of the camera?
I'm good at what I do. I've been called a baby whisperer by my clients. I have a knack for making people look natural and confident. I can recall the clients who swore they never looked good in photographs -- but then they saw my portraits -- and loved how I captured the essence of their being. Photographs are a window to the soul. Make sure your photographer can reveal the real you.
So, are you ready to see if we make a good team? If the answer is yes, I'd love to hear from you.
I'm looking forward to meeting you,
Betsy Finn, M.Photog.Cr.
On a more personal note...
- I enjoy working on DIY renovation projects with my husband.
- I love coloring with my kids.
- My husband is glad I didn't become a vet (or we would certainly have more than two cats, one dog, and countless fish).
- I've played an alphorn (but am much better at piano, oboe, and singing).
- I remember seeing Cecil Fielder play at the old Tigers Stadium.
- On occasion, I still stay up late to finish reading a book in once sitting.
- I love avocados and dark chocolate (not necessarily together, although Jason Wrobel's recipe is amazing).
- I love being outdoors in nature, it restores my soul.
- I like snow. I like warm weather. I like rain. Just not the slushy freeze/thaw!
- I believe there's a fine line between living my life and documenting it -- and I don't want to miss out on experiencing those memories.