Living Life To The Fullest: Silliness Is A Must
This little bugger is my youngest son. I have this snapshot posted on my vision board as a reminder to smile and remember the fun, silly moments of life.
My pregnancy with him was rough – emotionally and physically. I was miserable and depressed the majority of my pregnancy. It hurts to say that now but there were many a nights that I cried myself to sleep. There was so much turmoil going on in my marriage, my career and my overall outlook of life. The moment I first laid eyes on him – I was overcome with emotion. I am sure I am not the only mother who wondered throughout their second pregnancy how her heart could possibly love a second child as much as their first. I quickly learned it was very much possible and came quite naturally.
While I was home on maternity leave with my son, my passion for writing returned. It had been years since I had truly been motivated and inspired to write anything. I had let life bog me down and extinguish the passion that I had for the written word.
“What is it that you stand for? When your name comes to mind, what do others think of? Is it something positive or negative? Is it what you’d want your legacy to be? Is it what you’d want your children to pass on to their children’s children? If not, what are you doing to change that?”
I believe in living life to the fullest. Life happens – the good, the bad, and the in between. Some of it we can control and some we just have to roll with the punches, regroup and continue to press forward. The silliness that you see in this photo – it brings a smile to my face many a day. It reminds me to not let life pass me by.
As a mother, I strive to embrace my divatude on a daily basis and encourage my children to do the same. Divatude? For many that may be a new concept. I believe that we all should strive to be driven, inspiring, victorious and called to action – our divatude! Sometimes when I share that it sounds quite grandiose and time-consuming, but it is really a simple concept to embrace:
Simple Ways To Embrace Your Divatude
- Believe in yourself. Tell yourself regularly how awesome you are. It’s not cockiness – it’s self-confidence
- Encourage others. Tell your children what they do well and support their endeavors.
- Give back in your community – donate your time, talents and/or tangibles.
- Support others with their endeavors, when possible. Your presence, alone, makes a difference.
- Be positive and uplifting. It makes a difference.
- Set goals for yourself personally and professionally. Strive to continue growing and learning.
- Be the friend you want to have.
- Share your story with someone that can be encouraged or motivated by it.
- Practice gratitude regularly.
How Do You Live Life to the Fullest?
I love how Michelle challenges us to make sure we’re living life to the fullest.
So, what do you think? Are these ideas practical for you? What are you going to try first? Have you already found ways to remember the silly moments in life? I’d love to hear your stories and thoughts.