Since our blogging activities are linked to the studio, and there are costs associated with running a blog, business, etc, we have made the decision to include helpful affiliate links where relevant. When you click on an affiliate link, we may receive a small amount from the company — but there is no additional cost to you.
We sometimes receive products for free from companies in exchange for an honest and evaluative review. We only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions and reviews regarding that product are the author’s own.
We do not have sponsored posts on our blog (a paid advertisement as a blog post) and all posts are made by Betsy or a representative of Betsy’s Photography, unless clearly stated otherwise.
Amazon Affiliate Information
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means if you click on a link and purchase an item, Betsy will receive affiliate commission, which in turns helps to support Betsy and her family. Regardless, Betsy only recommend products or services she uses personally and believes that you will enjoy too.
- This blog is part of a business website created and maintained by Betsy Finn for Betsy’s Photography. For questions about this blog, please contact us.
- This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
- The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
- The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Photos, Stock Images + Model Disclosure
As a photographer, Betsy realizes the importance of showing you the quality of her real work. To that end, you will see portraits of real clients on our website — people like you. Betsy rarely works with models, aside from creative endeavors that are more fine art in nature. So rest assured the portraits you see are a fair and accurate representation of what you will get.
Occasionally, on our blog, you will find images used that are not created by Betsy or Betsy’s Photography. These images are used with permission and photo credits are given. Examples include:
- Betsy’s professional portrait, created by another photographer
- Images shared by a guest blogger
- Stock images used on a blog post, but are attributed to the site (e.g. “Photo from Pixabay.com. Used with permission.”)
Google Analytics has several currently available opt-outs for the web, if you’re interested.
What is the Copyright Act?
The Copyright Act protects photographers and artists. It gives the author exclusive rights for reproduction, including the right to control the making of copies. It is illegal to copy, scan or reproduce, say, a photograph, without permission.
Can I make copies of your work, or take pictures of them with my phone?
No, unless you have contacted the studio and have obtained written permission. We generally do not allow copies to be created out of our control. Additionally, if you visit a local retailer to copy (legally or illegally) professionally created photographs, there is a good chance you will be stopped unless you have written permission from the copyright owner. That being said, we generally try to accommodate all reasonable requests. Please feel free to discuss your needs with us so that we may have the opportunity to serve you better.
Will you make prints of images created by another photographer?
Betsy’s Photography respects the copyrights of others: We do not work with images created by other photographers unless you have an appropriate copyright release form or written permission. Additionally, we may decline the opportunity to work with images from another photographer, even if written permission is provided.
How does illegal copying affect everyone?
We are denied the ability to present our work at an approved level of quality. Our clients suffer from owning inferior pieces of photographic art (made from copies). It could also necessitate higher fees, forcing you to suffer in the long run.
Where can I find out more?
We’re glad you want to learn more about Copyright! Some resources you may find helpful include Copyright Basics (from the U.S. Copyright Office), and Copyright Alliance. There are even a couple websites for kids (it’s ok we won’t tell if you check them out too): Copyright For Kids (interactive site), and Taking the Mystery Out of Copyright.
Do you have any suggestions for locating a copyright owner?
If you need help finding a photographer, you can also call the Professional Photographers of America’s Service Center at 800-786-6277 for help in locating a professional photographer.